Congratulatory Statement By The APC UK Leader And Convener Of Pmb Volunteers, Prince Ade Omole, At World Press Conference Held At Stratford, London, United Kingdom.
July 12, 2018
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press.
- On behalf of Nigerians in the Diaspora most especially the members of All Progressives Congress (APC) United Kingdom, I want to express my gratitude over the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari as the President of Nigeria.
- I urge you to please join me in congratulating President Buhari on his re-election as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I sincerely wish him every success and strength in continuing to perform the important duties of this position.
- The trust reposed on the President for the second term by the citizens of Nigeria will undoubtedly be a source of inspiration to continue the good work he started in building up the well-being and unity of our great country and its people and maintaining the security of our nation.
- We are optimistic that President Buhari will surely do a good job. Hopes are high, and we have lofty expectations and from our interactions, we are confident President Buhari will not fail us. The President certainly deserves a second term and we congratulate Mr President-Elect on his re-election.
- I am more confident in the President's abilities as his leadership style has put Nigeria back among the comity of Nations; he has revived the virtually dead industries and comatose infrastructure across the country, he has excelled where others failed and the NEXT LEVEL therefore to us is not a mantra but initiatives that will be backed by action.
- As informed Nigerians in the Diaspora, we know how much efforts you have put in the concluded campaign to achieve success and finally, you have achieved it. We wish you all the best in your second tenure.
- I want to specially thank Nigerians for their patience, commitment, support and peaceful conduct throughout the electioneering period. The party (APC) will not disappoint or fail to deliver on its NEXT LEVEL promises.
- I also want to say a big thank you to the National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, the teeming members and supporters of our great party who stood firm both in the rain and under the sun; who utilised their resources and energy to ensure this victory; and my appreciation also goes to all Nigerians who have contributed positively one way or the other. You are the victors!
- May I also seize this opportunity to congratulate the stakeholders in this election, the Independent Electoral Commission of Nigeria (INEC), the security forces, both local and international observers, media houses and particularly, the opposition party and its candidate, His Excellency Atiku Abubakar, We are certain that President Buhari will be magnanimous in victory.
- Finally, may I once again offer my congratulations on your victory in the presidential election. Please accept, Mr President, my best wishes and the assurances of my highest consideration.